View Single Post
Old Jan 2nd, 2017, 01:43   #3
CNGBiFuel
Classic P80 1999 BiFuel

I was a million miles from looking thru' that end of the telescope. I thank you profusely for this.

It hadn't even occurred to me (and it should have done) removal of the propshaft would be found an insurance issue.

In truth I struggle to see how it should be, but it's not about that, so of course, it will be. How could it not?

You're right, in the event of a 'proper' shunt, the 'insured' is wide-open for any insurer to find reasons not to pay out, and experience in the past with this tells me removing a propshaft will be enough. I'd be giving them just the reason they need.

For those of you not having dealt with insurers lately, I can promise you, they are very hot on finding reason not to pay, to the point of being poisonous about it. Expect them to nitpick your claim, so be very tight on what you say and do when insuring. You are required to nitpick at proposal time or you are not insured.
I had a theft claim refused as 'invalid', which after much fighting theey eventually paid. Believe me, a propshaft removed is milk and honey to the loss adjuster. You have been warned.

Damnit. I have to walk away from a 65K car. On my mileage the AWD will pop (eventually), and the simple solution is not so simple, and repair too costly.

Last edited by CNGBiFuel; Jan 2nd, 2017 at 01:58.
CNGBiFuel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CNGBiFuel For This Useful Post: