View Single Post
Old Jan 2nd, 2017, 16:11   #8
CNGBiFuel
Classic P80 1999 BiFuel

Quote:
I'm intrigued by this comment. Are there are lot of really low hanging trees round your way that make the slightly increased ride height more prone to a car / foliage incident?
You're right of course, and right to take the pistol too, six of one, half-dozen of the other. At the extreme, Range Rooney's and our own homoerotic XC90 Mumwagon thingy clearly have better sight-lines than me. High, heavy, and hence toppy, they have to roll more easily. Won't stop either forsimialr reasons - least not like any decent estate car.

OK, no Range Rooney, but the car I'm looking at is getting nearer to that extreme, by how much is very debatable. I'll bet stopping the thing in any hurry whilst trying to avoid whatever it is you're braking to avoid, has to harder. This even if you have seen something split-seconds earlier than I could. We could go on and on... ie 'said' Mumwagon will be a tad better surviving the forthcoming shunt.

Only it'd need to be!
Heavier, and now in a roll, it won't have stopped. We could argue this one all day. Comes down to how you dice your carrots.

100K+ -

Quote:
flawed bargain
I like your intelligent responses. In short you're clearly spot on. However nice (read unnecessary most of the time) AWD is, I am coming to the conclusion I need to walk away if intending to actually to 'drive' the thing. On my miles i'm set to find those flaws, I'm buying a liability. I will claim all logic here, and I too will then buy the thing, knwoing full well i shouldn't. At least I'll have my eyes open.

I'm off to read that link. Might persuade, might even change my mind. Geekdom is my 'thing'. Anorak already off the coathanger

Last edited by CNGBiFuel; Jan 2nd, 2017 at 16:47.
CNGBiFuel is offline   Reply With Quote