View Single Post
Old Jan 30th, 2019, 11:25   #15
Zebster
Upstanding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by al dm View Post
Here's an email I got from SA Tuning this morning. They claim very good gains:

"Stock you are running 235 bhp and 470 NMs of torque. Previously we have achieved 290 bhp and 580 NMs of torque with this vehicle. This is with a Stage 1 Remap, which is designed for use with standard components and within all mechanical tolerances. We class this as our fast road application, which is the best all round performance for stock vehicles. The price for your vehicle is £339.

As a natural consequence of more torque you may also see better fuel economy when driving conservatively. However, this can vary from vehicle to vehicle.

At SA Tuning we use the very latest equipment. Our software is developed on our Hitech dynamometer to ensure accuracy in terms of both power delivery and also to ensure that fuelling, boost pressures and exhaust gas temperatures (where applicable) are all within tolerance. We pride ourselves on our ability to achieve maximum power whilst maintaining optimum reliability. "

I have a few questions into them about how they develop their maps, what tables they tweak and whether I could take the car to them and have them do final tweaks on their dyno.
So absolutely no promises then?

That bit about torque is crap.