View Single Post
Old Dec 9th, 2015, 13:01   #1
AustenAWD

Default AWD Haldex and diff issues

Hi all new to the forum. I currently fix Freelander 2 transmissions (diffs and haldex), but am starting get inquiries about the Volvo units. Id like to try and help, but need to collate as much info as possible so i can try and cure the symptom/problems described. I know the Freelander inside out but not had the pleasure of getting my hands dirty with the volvo AWD units(or ford kuga). I understand that there are various vibrations and noises that look likely to be caused by the Haldex unit itself. The majority of problems in Freelanders is actually a diff failure which i can now fix but in a way that will prevent it happening again (its a design fault). Id really like to to do the same for the affected Volvo cars. So if anyone would like to go into a detail about their own experiences id be extremely grateful, and if anyone is currently suffering issues and cannot get a resolution im happy to investigate the car free of charge (this is what i did with the freelanders to come up with a robust solution)

Im not sure if the guy i initially spoke to about his XC60 is on here, but he was stuck in a battle with Volvo to sort his car out, and was going to get back in touch with me but i havent heard from him, so if you read this give me a shout as im in a better situation to help at the moment (i have brand new Haldex 4 units in stock for a lot less than Volvo!)
AustenAWD is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AustenAWD For This Useful Post: