View Single Post
Old Dec 31st, 2017, 16:31   #1
Alan C30

Default misfire ? on 1.8 petrol 57 plate

Done a search on here for 'mis fires' most results seem to come back with issues on the diesel . . . .
Last few mornings the car has 'hesitated' like a misfire when cold and on a light throttle, extra pedal pressure does 'help' (i think)

but maybe connected , maybe not, is that i also get a clicking noise (just in first few minutes of driving) that sounds VERY like the same noise you get when the traction control kicks in if it is slippy/icey. roads are clear and dry. NO TCS symbol appears

today I left car running a few minutes BEFORE setting off to get a wee bit warmer and same effect, few hundred yards click,click, click etc then just stumbles. air temperature is around 3 - 4. when car above 1/4 on temp gauge seemed to pull away fine (I stopped and waited for five minutes and OK, but not after sitting for 2 hours when gone shopping)

I guess it could be a coil pack? all plugs were nice and tight, I'm a bit canny as they seem to need a VERY low torque setting . . ..

I guess I should wheech them out and view but reluctant to do so as it's pouring rain and gales are promised.

is there any suggested 'code readers' that are easily available that read out the codes, assuming of course that intermittent codes are stored?
Alan C30 is offline   Reply With Quote