View Single Post
Old Jul 17th, 2019, 13:25   #7
aldred309uk

A common oil leak on the 1.9d is at the top of the engine where the shut off valve, which looks like a throttle body, meets the inlet manifold. Theres a rubber o-ring which shrinks over time and you get some oil seeping out. Oil in the air into the engine is normal as it is put there by excess crankcase pressure from the PCV system.

I had a snapped spring on my V40d 2 years ago, I replaced my entire front struts with a set from a scrapped v40 for £70. To save yourself hassle and a headache, buy yourself some anti roll bar drop links for the front and tell yourself you will need to cut off the old ones with a grinder. I've done about 40k miles since I put the used struts on, smooth as butter still. 201k and counting for mine.

Reference the front brakes, if you think there's a sticking issue I would bet 99% you have a seized guide pin. You can get a drill bit the same size as the receiving part on the caliper carrier just for cleaning it out and give the pins a good clean too and check for excessive wear. Then use a good, suitable grease for the pins. I did this not long after buying my car on 124k and ever since, the front 4 pads are all identical thickness and the discs look amazing with a barely noticable lip on then.