View Single Post
Old Nov 30th, 2019, 18:00   #1
hodgie2019

Angry Engine gone bang

Hi All, after some major help on this..

Having owned my first Volvo for less 6 months (2012 Volvo XC60 2.0L D5204T3) it has unfortunately went bang and blew a hole in the engine block.
Gutted....
Obviously went straight to the trader the car was purchased from to see what they can and should do about it , Consumer Rights Act 2015 in hand.. after 5 weeks and an inspection of the engine, the report stated that the engine seized due to oil starvation.

Guess what the trader said.. they have said that I have been negligent and not checked the oil therefore it is basically my fault

At no point since owning the vehicle has the low oil level warning message popped on the dash and I know I checked the oil level on more than 1 (closer to 5 times) occasion and I even checked the level after the car went bang and every check the level indicated that it was well within the min/max marks.

Now I am trying to understand if there was an underlying issue with the engine before I purchased it, electronic oil level sensor, etc..

Any suggestions or advice or previous experience would be great, I've got the car coming back to me on Monday so I will start my investigations then to try and recover my losses and vehicle..

Thanks
hodgie2019 is offline   Reply With Quote