View Single Post
Old Jun 26th, 2022, 08:53   #1
uknowiama

Default MY2010 D5 V70 SE LUX - Prep for drive to S. France

Looking for a quick holiday to South of France at end of August. Euro Tunnel booked for early 1am Sunday morning. Then between two of us going to drive non-stop to south coast. 1000+ Km 600+ miles.

Looking to do this in my car. As is the work horse. 142k miles on it. Volvo V70 D5 Auto. SE LUX. Find it very good at a long cruise. Car is starting to feel its age.

What sort of things to do in preparation for a long trip. Michelin Primacy all round. Might need a new pair on front before. Relatively new pair on back.

Auto gearbox had fluid refreshed less than 10k miles ago. Seems to shift ok. Maybe better? But the only comparison I have is a 8-Speed x3 30d, 420d of XC40 - obvs all newer.

Engine mounts. Upper torque arm (correct name - visible at top) done a year ago. Is there a lower equivalent. Engine feels like moves around under load? Rock forward and back. Tend to drive around it by coming off throttle a bit gentler? Maybe worth refreshing all engine mounts?

Engine itself seems to be running good. Although with commuting less. I do notice when not been used for a couple of days? But on a run. Is fine. Boosts fine. Pulls really well.

Will get brakes (pads and discs) checked and replaced if due.

Then anyone got any experiences of doing this run before? Advice for the drive? Have driven in France, Belgium, Netherlands before. Both LHD and RHD cars. First time for the other half. Just found out about what food stuffs can and can’t take with - bearing in mind the early morning drive.

Thanks in advance for any help, comments.

Dunno much about, so going to have a mooch around.
uknowiama is offline   Reply With Quote