View Single Post
Old Nov 13th, 2019, 20:26   #2281
Sadowner

Hi all, been reading this thread over the last couple of weeks. And I’ve had orange check light on for last 4 weeks. It’s booked into Volvo Abergavenny next week. It’s a Volvo XC60, registered in January 2016 which I bought in July this year. It’s done 31000 miles and been serviced by Volvo. When the light first come on I called Volvo assist. The mechanic put his laptop on, said nothing major has come up and reset it. He said it would probably come back on and I should take it to Volvo.
Last week I asked a mechanic I’ve used for years to come and read codes. He did. Code PD 4D 9-00. I asked him could he tell if it was reset, he said it was. I’m assuming it was reset by Volvo assist. Why didn’t he say anything about it?
When I booked the car in with Volvo garage I was told they would change the cooler for free, if the valve needed changing I would be charged £90+vat to fault find on their computer. And I would have to pay the whole cost of the valve.
The car runs fine. It’s mainly used by my wife on short runs. I know I will need to take it out for a run every couple of weeks. The car will automatically regent on a run? Is there any way to tell if the regen has happened when I’m in the car? Nothing to do with cooler issue, I’m only getting 36mpg. Is this what is expected driving around town. Sorry about the ramble but this was going to be my retirement car.
Sadowner is offline   Reply With Quote