View Single Post
Old Sep 29th, 2020, 00:08   #8
Kev0607
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashy View Post
Thanks for the replies,

I should have mentioned that its a two wheeled drive and manual, although, my signature does say this, ish...

I am really more concerned that it could hinder a non-hesitant pull off, ie, there's time, I can make it but only just.... having a wheel spin could mean the difference between a hit and a miss.

I am also talking about it being dry and standard run of the mill tarmac.

If its wet, that's a whole new ball game, with a heavy foot, she will spin from 1st through til 3rd unless I back off some.

Also, there is no difference between budget all season tyres and these Dunlops, perhaps that's not quite true, I can hear the difference and tell that they are new buy the sound, there's better grip but you wouldn't think so.

I only use winter tyres, would never go the All season for winter time, purely for the fact that I saw a video once comparing winter with all season on snow
Your using winter tyres when it isn't winter! I don't see the point. You'll have less grip because the winter ones are designed to give you more grip in cold conditions (Ice & snow for example). The conditions aren't cold (yet), so your existing tyres are struggling because they're being used in conditions they aren't suited for (yet).

So you don't like to use all season tyres in the winter. Why not get two decent all season or summer tyres to put on the front for the warmer months only & keep your existing winter ones you've got for the winter?

It sounds like the winter tyres you have are probably good in their own right (in the winter). You have to have your wits about you though because that spinning your experiencing isn't what you want at a busy roundabout. That in itself would make me change them... I wouldn't keep chancing it.

Keep the winters for winter. Get yourself two tyres to use in the other months.

Last edited by Kev0607; Sep 29th, 2020 at 00:13.
Kev0607 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kev0607 For This Useful Post: