View Single Post
Old Sep 29th, 2020, 02:07   #9
Bashy
Aged Member

The last pair of all seasons (dont remember the make) that I've just binned span a bit more than these 3D's. I adjusted my driving to suit, nothing hair raising in the wet for sure. The main downside is backing off the power if they do spin cause trying to build that back up again is time costly, I will keep my eyes open for some CC's, they were what I was after in the 1st place but these looked ok, having said that, I am sure I had a set on one of my Lagunas, the tread pattern is very similar and they were greasy then too.

The point of using them now is, preparedness, I don't like to wait until there colder nights or there is snow on the ground to prompt me to put them on, not to mention that a decent snow fell in October a few years back now, but it happened, BRB.......... damn, it was before I started measuring snow fall on my weather station software, but I think it was back in 2008 perhaps and about 4" settled, just done a google and I was right, end of October 2008, it was quite widespread and whilst it settled well, it didn't last more than that night, for me in Desborough anyway, there were some cold nights though with many a frosty morn, so its not out of the realms of possibilities