View Single Post
Old Dec 2nd, 2020, 19:12   #15
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011dandd View Post
The electrical gubbins is hanging under the dash, it’s that I have to start the car with a screwdriver. I have a whole replacement steering lock and barrel and key etc to fit. Chap I bought it from has been starting it this way for 5 years.
Reading between the lines, the original key has been lost or broken? If you can get the barrel into position one (i'm guessing the key is broken in the barrel?) there should be a pip underneath. Press this in and you should be able to pull the barrel out.

You can see what i mean on your replacement, put the key in, turn to position 1 and you should see the pip in the underside of the barrel, push that in and pull the key and barrel out.

Then you can fit it in the old steering lock and refit the starter switch (only two screws) on the back of it.

I'm 99% sure this should work, it did for the 140 and 740 series, hopefully with the 240 being in the middle the same applies!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: