View Single Post
Old Dec 9th, 2020, 20:38   #6
Skyedriver
Master Member

Default Think things may be escalating

It was 6 months ago that I asked about a stiff area when steering and suspected the UJs on the column.
As advised I have since regularly sprayed GT85 onto both joints and sure enough the steering has become freer so thank you.
Over the last two or three weeks a "clunk" and "creak" has developed when turning the steering wheel more than about 90degees.
On previous 940's I have had the odd clunk which rather sounded like something in the air bag area but this is louder and a bit like a rusted gate hinge.....
Have a feeling that on of the column UJs has maybe collapsed (are they needle roller bearing like their big brothers?). No play in the steering but can't think of anything else.
Any suggestions and has anyone got a decent set of UJs or maybe the whole centre section? How easy is this to remove and replace?
One final thought, about the time the the noises started, the SRS light stated to flicker on and off - totally unrelated I suspect, lasted a couple of days and it has stopped doing it now.
thanks for any guidance?
Tony H
Skyedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skyedriver For This Useful Post: