View Single Post
Old Dec 31st, 2021, 20:21   #23
Troy McClure

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrybritcher View Post
check it's got the right plugs fitted. is it a 54 plate?
Finally had chance to get back to car issues and the forum, so sorry for the radio silence. The plugs are the correct Bosch Iridium ones and were only recently fitted. Issue was there before and after so I don't think it's plugs.

Interestingly it hasn't stalled for quite some time or thrown any error codes. It's either as a result of the work to date OR a couple of longer journies with minimal WOT have helped average out the LTFT so that it doesn't spike them every time I do put my foot down.

The issue is still there in some form however, as STFT still shoots up to 25 under load without fail. Idle and part load seem to be ok for now.

I took the throttle body off today and gave it a good clean. Internals look fine, I did just spray the contacts with electrical cleaner too just in case.

Sadly no luck, but it a) rules something else out and b) will hopefully extend the life of the body.

O2 sensor has been mentioned but hopefully going to rule out a vacuum leak (again) with another smoke test early in the new year. That said, following some reading on the matter I'm led to believe a vacuum leak would cause issues at idle - which I don't appear to have at the moment - so not sure how fruitful this will be.

So in summary:

- Idle and part load seemingly ok, but STFT still spikes under load/at WOT (i.e. running lean on throttle)
- Work to date is service inc plugs & filters, new breather hose, 1x vacuum leak fixed, new MAF and a cleaned out throttle body

Any further ideas pending smoke test/O2 sensor replacement?
Troy McClure is offline   Reply With Quote