View Single Post
Old Feb 14th, 2022, 23:11   #26
Troy McClure

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrybritcher View Post
yea but if you swapped like for like plugs they still might be wrong.
some engines need long neck plugs - normally if you have grey connectors on coil pack
Finally had a look at the invoice from Euro... took some finding but the plugs are PLFR6A-11 per NGK's website recommendation. Reach is 26.5mm so should be the correct ones?

Thought the parts to date had collectively resolved this to a usable point - i.e. no longer stalling... however I think a lot of "light" driving in traffic = no WOT = no chance for LTFT to spike... and stall.

Foot flat to the floor on a sliproad last week, car choked and stalled while doing 70. That's a new one. Garage seems baffled by it still.

Against original plans I'll continue to replace parts, provided none of them are overly expensive. Next up is a front O2 sensor, genuine Bosch per the MAF to rule out any cheap parts playing havoc.

Pending this, I'd be really grateful if anyone with a P2 (preferably the 2.0T) and Torque/another OBD app could plug in on their next journey and post any of the following:

- STFT under load (ideally 40mph+)
- Whether fuel system goes closed loop under load - mine remains open unless off throttle
- How quickly fuel system goes closed loop from cold. Mine was open until coolant temp was just 8c and about 50m down the road then switched over - surely that's too soon?!

Thanks to anyone still reading.
Troy McClure is offline   Reply With Quote