View Single Post
Old Aug 9th, 2016, 09:14   #29
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Thanks Cam!

Andy - just had a look through the "history file" that came with the car from the previous owners time with it. Half a dozen or so receipts, mainly for MoT but the last oil/filter change that he indicated was within the past year was in fact in 2012! That's just shot up my priority list!

Found the "cat" he had fitted - standard front and rear section, no restrictive/smelly things involved! Also found the receipt for the belts (which he thought included the timing belt and the cam belt) which were done 3 years ago, as was the removal of the air-con evaporator and a report about the air mode vacuum selection box being faulty.

It seems as if that should be my first port of call re sorting the air direction etc from the heater, trying to find a replacement evaporator and getting it regassed could be one nightmare too many! For now i'll concentrate on getting the air to go where it should and sort the A/C later - maybe!

Just ordered a replacement sunroof motor which should land in a few days, meanwhile those brake pads await!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote