View Single Post
Old Oct 14th, 2019, 18:59   #6
windy millar

Wink

Unfortunately she needs a full rear arch and repair to the other, MOT failed on both. My original aim was to do the repair by replacing one side with a full new arch and repairing the small area on the other side but as it has sat on the drive for 2 years now, I came to the conclusion that I will never get around to doing it.
I have removed all the skirt trims and the sills are fine but has unearthed corrosion to the front wings which are easily repairable or replaceable. I know it is a shame to break it but that way it would help keep others on the road. I will certainly not be scrapping it and that was why I put out the interest check to recoup some pennies and also help anyone on the forum who needs parts to keep theirs on the road. Mechanically she is really strong so it would be worth me doing the bodywork and my intention was to get it sorted through the summer so it was ready to survive winter, unfortunately winter is now upon us.
Sorry P156KWJ, I would sell the headlights which came off a phase 2 but only when I have sold off items like the engine, box, turbo etc. as from there, there would be no turning back.
Feel free to kick my butt, it might make me get it into gear and get her sorted out!
windy millar is offline   Reply With Quote