View Single Post
Old Sep 19th, 2018, 23:09   #23
s3t0Kaiba

Posting back my experience with iPhone and bluetooth.

1. Reset Network Settings (no improvement)
2. Reset All Settings (no improvement)
3. Erase Content and All Settings (Nuclear option - no improvement).

Then, a 4th option presented itself - iOS 12 came out on Monday evening.

Installed it and since then all has been well for 2 days - longer than ever before. I think it may be something to do with how iOS 11 handles DHCP for tethered devices, a google search will reveal that it has a limited pool of addresses to hand out and once exhausted it can cause problems. Perhaps Apple have done something to improve this but I hope I have not spoken too soon.

There was one glitch this evening - I'm having issues with RTTI (I've started a new thread for this), so I did a full map update to 1233 to see if it would help. The second time I drove the car after the final "leave engine off" message, sensus crashed and rebooted 3 times on my journey. I had no internet connection while this was going on. When I stopped I noticed I had left the USB key in so I removed it. When I drove the car again later on, everything was back to normal, internet working though still no RTTI. I really hope installing new maps hasn't introduced something else. I've never had a Sensus crash before.
s3t0Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote