View Single Post
Old Jun 24th, 2016, 16:00   #16
Prufrock
I've Been Banned

Default Rare does not equal valuable or desirable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalstras View Post
Hi and sorry for the late reply, no, we turned down a £1200 offer already but thank you (he wanted to tear the car apart) which we don't want to happen.
For parts it would be worth WAY more than 400 on spares alone.
The headliner is terrible, the leather is worn, it has been our "Dogs Car" for 15 years. We have three German Shepherds and they love the size of the boot. The carpets are good except in the driver area and the driver's power seat controls are about 60% working order but functional.

Ultimately we would take reasonable offers for the certain person that wants to restore THIS beauty and not take parts to restore a different car.

If you want it for scrap, please understand we would want more as you will be destroying a very good reliable car in need of a facelift Cheers all,Kirt & Lisa
With all due respect the sentiments you may have for the car have no value for a potential buyer, and it is far from being a beauty - be realistic.

If you turned down £1200 for this car - and I find that hard to believe someone would offer that kind of money, doubtful it would be worth that in parts - take it. If the car was in average/good condition I doubt it would make £750 at auction, as for the dogs; well I can imagine...ghastly dog kennel car.

I've known Volvo 700s from new, and have had one in the family for 30 years.

Put it in an auction where people can view it first - if you dare, there are auctions at Shoreham.

Jon
formerly 700/900 Register Keeper VOC.

Last edited by Prufrock; Jun 24th, 2016 at 16:06.
Prufrock is offline   Reply With Quote