Thread: Trip Data
View Single Post
Old Jan 15th, 2019, 16:54   #41
SpaceBoy42

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchbrown View Post
I just received the following from Volvo customer services on this topic:

We can advise that the Volvo On Call App is programmed to record the start and end of the route, this was not designed to show exactly how you got there.

If others are able to see the route they have taken, this is not what we would have expected from our App.
The app right from when I first bought the car has shown the route in detail. Initially, it did not show mi./kWhr values but they fixed it a few months later. How can Volvo not know what their own App does??? It's not like it's rammed with features!

It's like the VOC app has been developed and supplied by an enthusiast in his shed and Volvo have had no input to the process and restrict information to the developer. Even after all this time, the VOC app STILL fails all over the place (e.g. setting timed preconditioning takes several goes as it's unreliable, doors say they are unlocked when they aren't, users have features enabled on the app that don't match the cars features and some users like me can see routes while others with the same car and app combo can't).

You would have thought in this competitive world, You would invest time and effort getting software right and be confident in developing cutting edge features moving forward. Apparently not.
The Following User Says Thank You to SpaceBoy42 For This Useful Post: