View Single Post
Old Sep 16th, 2018, 15:56   #26
jpSwiss

Thumbs up Volvo xc 90 2006 dvd player infrared headphones for 15 $.

Hello guys,

so I bought a volvo XC90 from 2006, executive and with 2 original head/televisions. The car unfortunately did not have headphones and neighter the remote control but fortunately I bought 2 pairs of:

IR-685C Wireless headset (spring edition), found on amazon.de under the description below:
Ddauto D1001S Infrared Stereo Headset 2 channels Wireless IR Headphones with 1.5 m Extension Cable for DVD, Phone, Laptop, Tablet

that you can easily buy on amazon, put 2 AAA batteries inside and just turn on the channel A on the headphones and that's it!
You can adjust the volume and actually it's more than enogh for a kid.
The headphones are really cheap but for the price are a good product, even more in the hands of a child.

Even without the remote control I can easily use the DVD player and isn't mandatory to have it. The volume can be easily regulated on the headphones and so you don't really need it in the car.

The headphones function when they are keep straight and ''alligned'' with the srceens, when excceding 30 angle degrees they'll not function... Just to keep in mind when explainig it to the kids...

The infrared headphones on the A channel have a L 2.3MHz / R2.8 MHz Signal
B channel have a L 3.2MHz / R3.8MHz Signal.

The phones are soo a cheap and good fix solution that I decided to buy another pair of set. For 50$ I bought 4 pairs and so I personally think that this is a good and quick solution for all that people out there who face this challege.

Hope somebody can benefit from this article... Wish you all the best and for any question just contact me.
jpSwiss is offline   Reply With Quote