View Single Post
Old Jul 23rd, 2018, 14:44   #17
LizardOfBodom
WowIcanwriteAnythingHere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltE View Post
So there we go. Thanks for helping me solve the radio wonderment and pointers on plugs, gasket tests and your thoughts on ownership of the cars. This is my first Volvo so fingers crossed it serves me well
Wow, you really got it for nothing, although I get it it was technically a body with engine "gone". Almost like a barn find :}

205/50/17's are standard, allright, thought those look weird but it must have been only from photo. Pity with polestar badge but you can still tune it to nice 250-260 by independent tuner and enjoy more power. You are looking ion 400-500GBP territory, but well worth it once car is 100%. If you feel the surge over 5k it may or may not mean its already tuned, its hard to describe specifically, car WILL go to red line no problem if not tuned, its just you feel that over 5k its basically more pointless than shifting to another gear. If car actually pulls to redline with constant torque so its more beneficial to go over 6k, its most likely some tune on it.

Forgot to mention 2 things AWD specific you should be aware of:
- suspension parts are hard to obtain as aftermarket one. Specifically - rear shocks and springs are not available as aftermarket from anywhere. You can go as close as 90% match but its not perfect (ask me how I know) and in general, you either gonna "patch" it a bit or you have to go 100% OEM to retain its oem factory suspension setup.
Also, AWD lowering kits (if you ever consider) are non existent outside of Heico tuning kits so unless you botch your setup in DYI way, forget about lowering it

- there are exactly 4 fluids that are "non replaceable" as per Volvo but usually require immediate reflush if you want to have your car happy and trouble free:
- gearbox oil
- rear differential oil
- angular gear oil
- haldex AOC oil + AOC filter
Volvo service will usually inform you those are "sealed for life" but are not. And on my car, after 98k miles, those look like gunk&mud and not oils. If/when you decide to go ahead with it, let me know, will point you to full list of parts, oil specs etc. All together it cost me around 200e (pats+labour) to have all done at one go at my indie shop. Well worth to prevent any AWD related future issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to LizardOfBodom For This Useful Post: