View Single Post
Old Jul 26th, 2018, 10:00   #19
LizardOfBodom
WowIcanwriteAnythingHere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltE View Post
When cleaning the car the other day I found an ominous switch located behind the waterfall facia. After a multimeter check and some pondering I tried plugging my phone into the 3.5mm Jack in the centre console and learnt that it's an overide for the audio for aux input. Interesting and pleasing to discover.

Ok, now it has become even more interesting. Obviously your car was used by an enthusiast (list of all interior mods you mentioned) so that is yet another aftermarket or DYI contraption to go around stupidly restricted stock audio. Can you try to find more about it, see where it goes (must be connected to some kind of an aftermarket box) and say more about audio quality etc? Just from description it looks to me it is some kind of wired FM transmitter piggybacked to the antennae of the radio (when switching the switch it basically overrides your FM antenna), am I right? Also, it may happen you have bluetooth aswell as some of those kits have it - did you try to search for active BT device with your phone?

As for "harsh" ride- its possible nothing is actually wrong, but you being used to Lexus now finds yourself on a different chassis and suspension type so maybe its only subjective? Also possible that previous owner fiddled with suspension already (are you able to see if those are VOLVO ones or some aftermarke?) and fitted for example rear shocks from FWD version. Those will fit but will result in a very "hard" impact on bumps, due do different travel lenght and compression. You can feel the dampening difference between OEM fronts and aftermarket rears (again - ask me how I know :P).
Its a pity you cant get some history from previous owner - especially if he was a volvo fan (and it looks like) he may have done other mods you are not aware of, and with such cars its always better to know.

As for moving the ECU and installing cone filter- well, to be honest, it is debatable as for its sensibility. Our US friends did a lot of such mods and generally except for change of sound you are not gaining much. Our stock air filter is rated to well over 260HP so if you are hoping for HP gain just from cone - you may be unplesantly surprised (as for cost vs gains). Then, it doesnt really make sense to move ECU as it wont be in anything's way. But thats up to you, read about it and decide.

And you are right as for torque on pull - our car is brilliant as for gear spacing and low-end pull. Never driven a car before that allows me to safely overtake on 6th and where 6th gear is actually a pulling gear, not just overdrive. A great pleasure to drive, whoever ordered T5 with geartronic I think missed a lot.
The Following User Says Thank You to LizardOfBodom For This Useful Post: