View Single Post
Old Sep 20th, 2017, 11:28   #4
827Roverman
VOC Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek vivian View Post
If it helps to know I had the same difficulty removing or trying to remove a head rest from the front seat of my V90. Eventually it was brute force getting the finger into the seat back material to find the release button. Eventually I did it but it was very time consuming. Perhaps if the seat back is leather like mine then possibly warming it up somehow might make the material more flexible. Hot water or even a hair drier or heat gun (careful though!) could help achieve softer more flexible material to get your fingrers into it to find the button. Once found it was easy and next time of doing will also be easier. Good luck.
I eventually got the headrest off once I had found the right place to press, I had previously read and watched video's on the net showing you how to do it, all the information said that within the frame on the rear of the seat about 1" up from the bottom of the frame and in line with the headrest rods was the place to push, how wrong that was ! I eventually found that about 1" BELOW the frame in the soft part of the seat backing I felt what was like a wire spring, pushed on this and it released the headrest, only took a few seconds to do it, So anyone else struggling trying to press on the frame, just try feeling below the frame for the clips, it really was so easy, Just to add my seats are out of a 960, hope this helps others, David.
827Roverman is offline   Reply With Quote