View Single Post
Old Jun 30th, 2020, 10:31   #7
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estate87 View Post
Dave I really appreciate all that info mate. If I'm honest I thought there might be a slightly simpler answer lol. Is there not just one/two sizes of arm/track rod fitted to V90's? It seems as if I'm under thinking it but really it's obviously more complicated?

Cheers
The point of all that is that there will be one or two sizes of either track rod (part of the steering rack) or track rod end (TRE - goes on the end of the rack to connect to the hub) on the V90, i'm not sure which but if it has the 46ET wheels, whichever bit is different to the 960 will be longer.

I've never needed to try and find out the length of the track rods or TREs on a V90 as it's too modern for my liking. I'm trying to show you how to tell the difference without getting dirty although as you have a 740, i expect you can find a tape measure and simply compare the two cars relevant components.
Then once you have an idea of size and the difference, if any, you should be able to narrow down your parts hunt.

Easiest way i can see of doing it from this end of the cyberspace link!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: