Thread: First post
View Single Post
Old Aug 23rd, 2019, 18:59   #10
Sysyphus

Hate making posts like this in case I jinx myself, but I've had my 2009 for 3 years, I've had two issues with the roof, once when I bent a pin while installing the SmartTop module, the other absolutely nothing happened when I went to open the roof the first ncice day this spring... pulling codes with Vida I discovered that the CRM (roof module) had stopped talking to the CEM several weeks previously, which would have been when I had stupidly left the ignition on all day in a big hurry to get in out of the snow, and had to get it jump-started... spending money on the roof wasn't an option at that time so I was resigning myself to driving an overweight rattly coupe for a while, but decided to try a "hard-reboot"... pulled the battery ground for ten minutes then plugged it back in again, and everything returned to normal...

Be aware that when you work on a roof problem and manage to get it to open again the huge sense of relief is almost instantly replaced by an overwhelming desperate panic at the thought of it not closing again
Sysyphus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sysyphus For This Useful Post: