View Single Post
Old Jan 18th, 2015, 16:27   #28
Arianne
Premier Member

Let's put it this way, even though I had my EGR replaced at about 6k, I will be discussing this with my local dealer when the car goes in for its first annual service in March. If there's a replacement which has been upgraded then I want this version fitted before either my Swiss summer holiday or my next Austrian ski holiday. Engine warning lights, limp running and a dollop of anxiety is not what I paid a shedload of money to experience!

Unsure about the fuel issue - I would like to believe that Shell v-power nitro diesel might help (just filled up with £79 of it today, as it happens) but our first EGR valve still failed at about 6k - and almost all of the fuel for our XC60 is the premium Shell stuff, she's never drunk supermarket fuel.

Personally, I also am beginning to wonder if petrol might be worth considering at some point downstream. So much simpler, more reliable, cheaper to maintain and I prefer the performance of a petrol engine car. Of course, it depends upon your annual mileage, pump prices and depreciation. And petrol engines are seriously out of favour for SUVs when, like many of us, we're buying brand new and selling the cars on to the used market / dealers.

But my annual mileage is due to fall further in September 2015 when, thanks to the Scottish Government, they open the Borders Railway. Instead of driving to work we will be able to use the train (steam trains too!). This will be one of the most scenic 35 mile stretches of railway in the UK, although I remain unsure about the economic business model upon which its supposed to make a profit!

That JLR F-Pace is due to be released with a V8 petrol, according to AutoExpress Will I buy that one? In my dreams!

Arianne