Thread: 1800: - Antique Road Trip
View Single Post
Old Sep 25th, 2017, 13:54   #13
tdz840
VOC Member

Thanks guys
I posted to ensure people went in with eyes wide open. Its my own fault; i assumed (there we go assuming again) that as classic car owners they would offer that considerate/knowledgable service. That is respect the car as if its their own. Sad fact is the two n...ties, Beevis and Butthead that they sent to look after the car had no idea.
Im surpised they were allowed laces in their shoes.
The car was contracted for 5 3 day periods with 2-3 weeks between each period. That period went fine without mishap and the car was due to be returned the following day.
Had an email asking if they could use it for another 3 day slot as a car had broken down. I agreed and the last day of that prriod we had torrential rain and we all know the early 1800s if you dont secure the fuel cap properly water gets into the tank.
Now i have a glass inline filter and it would be simple to see emulsified fuel/debris. However appears Bevis or Butthead were taking longer than usual to tie their shoes that day and the other d.p kept churning the engine over.
Once the car came home that was when the communication became sparse and it was Mr Tidbury rather than Russ. I presume at that stage he had been paid by STV Productions.
Ive learnt my lesson, use this experience to ensure it doesnt happen to any of you.
Car is back on song, never misses a beat and start first time.
Unlike the Jensen Interceptor they wanted to sell me- what a joke that car was! Much like the rest of the cars in the fleet
Russ
tdz840 is offline   Reply With Quote