View Single Post
Old Jan 30th, 2019, 21:51   #4
whitedavidp

I wanted to update my final result with all of this. Thanks to all who have helped...

Today I received my shipment from Sweden of part numbers 1235585 and 1235586 from Genuine Classic Parts www dot gcp dot se/en/. Even with the expensive FedEx shipping, it was still less than buying via any US dealer's website. And I am sure that delivery was faster as well since dealer orders first go to the dealer before being shipped out to the customer.

In all practical ways, these parts are identical to the US version of the part numbers 1235587 and 1235588 which cost much more from all sources (but are, however, available at very high price from IPD in the USA). They basically look the same inside and out. The same connector fits. The wiring is unchanged. They come with gaskets, sockets, and bulbs.

The one difference I can see (both inside and outside) is that the US part has a square, special reflector or something on the outer side of the lower red lens which is not present on the units I just received and installed. Given the huge price difference, I am sure I can live with this.
whitedavidp is offline   Reply With Quote