View Single Post
Old Feb 8th, 2021, 14:01   #6
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryBray View Post
Cheers for your input guys ... much appreciated.

I've no issue figuring the linkage out for myself, nor re-jetting the carb if required, just wondered if anyone actually had a photo for reference as no, the Webcon kit supplied had nothing by way of instructions.

Have now hit a more serious snag though. The inlet manifold and exhaust header are not compatible without modification. As seen in these photos the underside of the inlet fouls the centre pipes of the header and therefore will not fit flush to the head ports. NOT what I was expecting !!

When told of the problem via email the supplier [who shall remain nameless at this stage] simply replied , quote :

"Hi Gary, We’ve seen this problem before but unfortunately this is how these are made. You can adjust something yourself to fix it or you could return the manifold and change it for a 4-1 manifold, these fit better."

How's that for customer service !?! lol
Unless you'll constantly be driving in the 4500-6000rpm range, a 4-2-1 manifold will be better than the 4-1 version, giving a wider spread of power and smoother performance overall.

Are you able to relieve the inlet manifold at all to help the clearance or perhaps persuade the exhaust manifold into a different shape?

If it's any consolation, i emailed an ebay seller to query whether they'd had any reported problems with a particular aspect of a product, here's the reply i got :

"Thank you for your enquiry.

Please provide us with your car's registration number so that we may find the correct product for your vehicle.

Our staff is currently working from home office, we are doing our best to assist you during the pandemic. It may take a bit longer for us to reply, we appreciate your patience. "

I'd already ascertained it will fit, it seems they are just too lazy to answer my question!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: