Thread: General: - XC90 replacement bulbs?
View Single Post
Old Aug 6th, 2019, 03:21   #5
xco
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy90 View Post
Evening. New to the group and still learning. I don't seem to be able to search via myANDROID Looking for info on the active xeNon's. Mine are horrendous so looking for better but more affordable bulbs. Can anyone help

2010 XC90 R DESIGN

Check this site out

https://www.hids-direct.co.uk/categories/mtec-bulbs.

You need to check your Car Owners manual as to what type of bulb you require. (Should be about page 245 sec 11 Bulbs)

It will be in your Specs list as there are BI-XENON'S (which are fixed headlamp and dont move)which require one type of bulb (35w D2R).....

and ACTIVE BI-XENON'S (which move your lights from side to side as you go round corners)which are another type (35w D1S) .

Also you will probably find your flasher main beam will look terrible(ghastly yellow) when you fit your new Bi-XENON'S (they will be 65w halogen H9's for the ACTIVE BI XENON'S ARRAY (main beam flasher)

....and 55w halogen H7's for the main beam /dipped beam array for the BI-XENON (Fixed Head Lamp array) which the above site can also supply at a very reasonable price per pair)

Your User Manual will explain it better if i have confused you.

I found the best colour frequency to go for was something around the 4700k mark (cosmos blue white is 4750k on mtec list at £14.99 per pair)which gives a very nice crisp white blue beam.
Not blue at all just a very nice clean bright white .

Avoid the 9000k frequencies if you can which tend to lean towards a bluey purple beam and are awful.

Hope this helps. (pm me if you need help)
Wherever you go............There you are!!!

Last edited by xco; Aug 6th, 2019 at 04:27.
xco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to xco For This Useful Post: