Thread: Weekend bugs
View Single Post
Old Sep 13th, 2017, 16:33   #4
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexman8 View Post
Had a long weekend in Scotland. Several new problems appeared:
  • PA disengaged twice with audible warning and 'Pilot Assist cancelled by user intervention' although I did nothing to cause this
  • Nav screen took longer than usual to appear on driver's display after start-up; took 6 minutes on one occasion
  • Steering wheel buttons on RHS stopped working
  • BLIS stopped working on nearside and hasn't worked since although no error showing
  • Satnav stopped responding
  • Trip stats wouldn't update regularly
  • At a steady speed the instantaneous fuel consumption fell to 20 mpg for ~10 mins every day for 3 days. Seemed like DPF was regenerating.
I'd guess that some of the above are inter-related and most things resolved themselves eventually but the BLIS fault looks like yet another dealer visit. I like the car a lot but not sure I can tolerate the (seemingly) never ending problems.

On the plus side, I filled up the tank before leaving Glasgow and it was still showing 3/4 full when I arrived home 230 miles later. The VoC app reports that the car did 50.7 mpg for that journey.
When the right hand wheel buttons stop working try changing media over manually on sensus screen, say from dab to fm or usb and back, this usually brings the buttons back to life for me, and they also usually start working after engine restart.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nu11eaf For This Useful Post: