View Single Post
Old Feb 13th, 2018, 22:01   #55
bertrandls

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyMacDonald View Post
I don't think they keep the lid on information. Vida is a constantly updated annual service that costs about £4000 a year to subscribe to. Hence all the pirate copies sold on eBay. But the pirate copies don't give the full abilities of Vida which connects to the main computer in Sweden

It's more about quality control and maintaining a high standard of reliability. They cater for professional workshops, franchised and independent workshops for mechanics who have been on their workshop courses, but not for the average person because of the price. Makes them a bit OCD about maintaining control of their product but show me a mainstream car manufacturer who isn't!

Roy
If I was convinced that their high price was worth it I would let them take care of my car from A to Z (and that I’ve always done) but some failures of the car and some bad diagnosis showed me that they are just like the others... so unless I am convinced there is no other solution but to let them take care of my car, I will be happy to save some pesetas ...
bertrandls is offline   Reply With Quote