View Single Post
Old Jan 22nd, 2019, 08:47   #36
SamF

THANK YOU!

2011 V70 SE, had it for a couple of years and didn't really know about this issue but had noticed water runs internally, just put it down to condensation forming etc, then noticed staining on the roof lining in the front corners. Quick internet search and came across this thread, went out side pushed the top of the windscreen from the inside and it moved about 10mm!

Never noticed this before, sent Volvo Client Services and they replied within a couple of hours asking for VRM, local dealer I would like it to go to. Gave then the details and the next morning had a call from the dealer asking when I would like to bring it in to have the screen re-bonded FOC. They explained they get a third party in to do it, there is a chance the screen may break, but out of all the ones they have done previously, they have only had one break.

Took it in, re-bonded screen, zero stress, they even hardwired my dash cam for me which was on a trailing lead.

Result of the superb customer service from Volvo and the dealership (Coventry Volvo on London Road, and specifically James Giddings in the service dept) my car has already been back for a service and disks/pads and updates, which I would never had done at the dealership I used to go to!

End to end, fantastic service!
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote