View Single Post
Old Jan 30th, 2019, 15:21   #37
Winsford79

Thank you all for the info in this thread.

I bought a 2011 V70 D5 SE R-Design auto that has done 86k just over a week ago and noticed when i got into the car during a heavy rain storm yesterday, a trail of water running down the inside from the top right corner of the screen- car was parked nose down on a hill. I had noticed some dried up drops on the inside of the screen when i picked the car up but put it down to the car having been cleaned for sale.

Having found and read this thread last night i checked the screen in the light this morning to see if there were any movement when pushed and found it moves 10mm or so when pushed. Its also the original screen.

A quick call to Volvo Customer Relations this morning and they confirmed it is a known issue on some cars and would require investigating at a main dealer to confirm if it was a manufacturing defect (they said 9 times out of 10 it is).

A couple of hours later Rybrook Volvo (Chester) rang to book the car in- its going in next Thursday to be investigated and depending on the outcome will be booked in for the screen to be re-installed as a good will gesture.

Very happy with the customer service so far, fingers crossed the investigation confirms a manufacturing defect as suspected.
Winsford79 is offline   Reply With Quote