Thread: V50 Engine 2.0D : - Need advice. Out of options.
View Single Post
Old Oct 16th, 2019, 20:18   #2
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by martins91 View Post
I have been struggling with car for weeks now. Can’t find solution.
2005 v50 2.0d. Weeks ago my tachometer stopped working, and car would be almost impossible to start when hot. And then car died completely. It would charge out through night and all kind of electrical lights etc.
Error code show no faulty crankshaft, so I fitted new one. Without change, the car would start, tachometer working for few moments, then it stops and then drops to 0.
I was advised to fit new ecu, done that, also without changes.

The car can be started but after while tachometer stops working and then it all goes crazy and it dies. And it charge battery completely by itself.

I attached the fault reading. Hope you guys can give some advice or directions. Big thanks
It needs professional diagnostics , you have already wasted a lot of money by guessing , It is a network communication issue possibly caused by the engine loom rubbing somewhere and shorting a wire out , OR poor connectors on the CEM under the glove box , any volvo dealer should be able to get to the bottom of it after a while , with their 13 years experience of similar problems ...