View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2016, 12:23   #1
volvotwofortyfive

Question Does anyone have ever disassembled the LPG distributor?

First af all, hi everybody. I'm new of this forum and I'm a partially satisfied owner of a 2003 V70 native Bi-Fuel.
Due to cooling water consumption, I already done (in Volvo official workshop....) 2 (two) head gasket and 1 (one) complete engine rebuilding, solving exclusively my bank account. At the end, I made by myself changing (with my mechanic) the whole engine, acquired directly in a swedish, kind and very fair car junkyard.
So, thanks to my fabulous experience with official Volvo assistance, I decided to do everything by myself or by my mechanic.

Now the topic.

My car random started to cut off the engine while driving in LPG mode, and above all WITHOUT switching automatically in petrol mode. Nice. It happens from two up to seven time a day.

The only two ways to reset the system are: stop the engine and wait for 10 minutes, watching other cars running; the second way is the "tightrope walker": once found a straight road, the "procedure" says to reach the 70 Km/h, switch off the engine, (pray), wait for 9 seconds, switch on only the ignition key and start engine with car inertia only. Now I'm a little bit tired of being a tightrope; till now I thought to be alone with this problem. "Fortunately" (....) I'm not and, thanks also to your witness, the guilty seems to be the LPG distributor.

Just to complete the story, I also noticed a strange behaviour; few minutes before cutting off LPG, the car seems to fly: fast, responsive, ready... seems even better than in petrol mode. But when it happens, I know that the engine will switch off in very few minutes.

So: does anyone opened the distributor and saw what's inside? How it works? It's only a mere equal distributor for all the 5 cylinders together or, in some way, the device gives gas in right phase for each cylinder?
It's possible to (try to) repair it?
Or should I throw the whole car?

Thanks in advance
volvotwofortyfive is offline   Reply With Quote