View Single Post
Old Jul 16th, 2017, 21:19   #12
dcw
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwipatterson1981 View Post
hmm, i think it prob is a tab over but when i bought it there was def a price gap between d2 and d3, i know the d2 is a nice engine for a 1.6 but the some difference between it and hards a 5 cyl volvo engine. it was an important part of the search criteria when i was looking for one.

I think you got a bargain to be fair, prob a little more that what the chap had been offered as trade.
Indeed - I put mine up at £6,500 simply to try and better the trade-in price I'd settled on. I had not planned to change the car when I did, so there was only a week to play with, so I deliberately went low to make the car as attractive as I could whilst still making a bit more money.

If I'd known I was going to trade it I'd have put it up for sale earlier because there would have been time to wait for more views etc. I would have looked to put it up at £7,500 with the hope of getting £7,000.

Yes, mine was the D2 but on the other hand it had quite a few more bells and whistles than yours, so in all honesty I do think you are setting your sights a little high - your price would be OK for a garage selling with a warranty, but I suspect too much for the private buyer with no comeback.

Good looking car though and best of luck with the sale!

David
1994 480 GT and 2007 V50 SE Sport
dcw is offline   Reply With Quote