View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2018, 18:37   #3
S60D5-185
Me ? Surely Not!

Location: 2007 Volvo XC90 D5 Geartronic. South of Hadrians Wall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luggsey View Post
I got mine done in the garage as I don't have any hard standing to work on, mate in garage said he had to put far more force into forcing it apart then he normally would...
Why not soak the assembly in penetrating oil several times leaving it overnight over the course of a week before trying removal?

I have read that when servicing the Haldex it's easier to leave the prop flange on the Haldex and split the Haldex case which allows thorough cleaning out of the unit and easier filter change, I'm not sure if you can take the pump out with the flange on though!

What's up with the pump?
Doing it that way Luggsey offers no advantage really as you still have to get the flange off to remove the pump and my pump is not working.

I did the same job on my XC70 in situ and it all came apart like clockwork and I repaired the pump on that with an internal clean and new brushes.

On the XC90, I'm anticipating a problem with propshaft removal that I may not actually have.

Today I started feeding a 50/50 mix of ATF and Acetone through the two holes at the back of the flange and will do so over the next week or so before trying to get things apart.

Other than that, so far I'm happy with the car and it certainly handles the caravan well

2007 Volvo XC90 D5 SE Geartronic

Last edited by S60D5-185; May 8th, 2018 at 18:45.
S60D5-185 is offline   Reply With Quote