Thread: V50 Engine D5 : - Misfire on cold starts
View Single Post
Old Jul 5th, 2020, 03:43   #2
Bashy
Aged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rk5 View Post
Hello everyone. My V50 D5 has developed misfire on cold starts which usually stops after around a minute on idling. It isn't very bad but I can hear it missing every couple of seconds. On couple of occasions it stalled when I slightly touched the gas pedal. The car has 301000 km on it (around 187k miles), still pulls and sounds great, fuel economy is still as good as it was before. I have vida and have checked for codes but there aren't any within the ECM (there's one in the climate module but it obviously has nothing to do with the misfires). I should add that it was a lot colder this morning than usual and it didn't misfire today. What could be the problem?
I have or had or still have this issue and for me it was a faulty injector, i replaced what i suspected the issue being with injector 1 with a used one and the next morning it fired up straight away with no misfiring. However, if you go the used route, make sure you get the fitting kit, i only fitted mine with a new copper washer as that's all i had, evidently the clamp needed replacing too cause the day after it too a while to start and i can smell diesel, so don't be like Bashy, do it right the 1st time