View Single Post
Old Sep 29th, 2020, 12:58   #5
Easington
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffCooper63 View Post
I paid £90 for a broken camera and bracket (that still worked, but needed plastic and silicon to make it waterproof - I hope) plus £70 for the harness kit. You also need to pay Vdash about £40 to enable the camera (although mine didin't charge me, I think because I'd paid for the rear camera).

But as normal in this world, just to really annoy me, the "evolve" website, run by colchester Lookers volvo are currently selling the complete kit (minus the vdash bit obviously) for £217 brand new - which is a bargain.

As for how it works, you press the cam button, and the front cam becomes the third camera (after rear, and rear-zoom) in the list that you can toggle between using the "tune" wheel, or by simply repressing the "cam" button multiple times.

By the way, its brilliant, like magic - like having your head stuck on the front of the car, with an eye on both sides of it. I still dont get how they do it, some sort of software trickery I think.
Brilliant - thanks for your help!