View Single Post
Old Mar 7th, 2021, 08:17   #13
855 tdi
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian21401 View Post
I’ve been watching this thread with interest. You must be extremely frustrated by now. If I’m completely off the mark just tell me to get lost.
It appears that fuel is not reaching the engine so it will never start.
TonyS9 referred to it in post#3.
Given that the replacement used fuel pump seems to be working.
Have you established that the fuel line from the pump is clear and the fuel that it is trying to pump has somewhere to go?
Is your fuel filter underneath the nearside floor and is the pump managing to pump fuel as far as the filter?
If fuel is reaching the filter is there a blockage after the filter?
I’ve never needed to do it but, is it possible to disconnect the fuel pipe supplying the fuel rail and check that fuel is being pumped as far as that.
Definitely getting frustrated, any ideas/help are always appreciated, I honestly haven't checked again to see if fuel came through, mostly due to the faff of mucking with the fuel pump yesterday and my job meaning my hands are currently cut to bits from my job delivering roofing sheets after a customer refusing to help unload and moving them at all hurts. I did however have fuel in the pressure regulator so I do think it's getting through. Also no idea why there would be a blockage of anything but air, tanks plastic so no rust as i've had with motorbikes and the fuel wasn't low enough to suck anything nasty through, obviously I could be wrong but not sure how i'd clear a blockage if there was one. I did research air in the lines but most people seemed to think it shouldn't be a problem on a petrol car..

Volvo 855 TDI 228,000M (sold) Volvo V70 2.5D 218,000m (sold)
Volvo 745 GLE 129,000M (Tankenstein) Volvo 940 SE HPT 115,000M
855 tdi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 855 tdi For This Useful Post: