View Single Post
Old Jul 14th, 2022, 19:50   #4
SnineT
Extrahumanestrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC90Mk1 View Post
BMWs have well documented inlet manifolds which have variable intakes that detach and write the engine off.

They also have timing chains that become destroyed.

And cracking rear subframes, and rob bearing issues. And Vanos has been a costly problem for decades.

People know this and pay through the nose for the badge on the front 🤣.

I won’t pay to have a fitted and functioning sub system, neither would many on here.

But people woll B*tch and moan but ultimately pay up!

More fool them!!!
FOMO & Seen to be factor,

Having worked in the trade before not BMW though you'd be surprised who the best brands are, if anything Opel have always been the German brand to pick, I've had many Vauxhall's in my time and they were the most reliable thing I could find, never spent much on them at all and if I had ever been stuck for one in normal times a Ford would've been next up,

It's all marketing basically, the Gerries all get the best press because the best customer always will, this then makes people want even harder, I selected the S90 on rareness which I noticed had many pedestrians looking at it as I wafted by but I also selected it based on how it was constructed which imo was tank like, ok she was heavier and the lighter cars might do another few mpg's but at the end of the day flimsy always breaks easily, the car wasn't perfect but it did feel enjoyable to be in.
SnineT is offline   Reply With Quote