View Single Post
Old Oct 22nd, 2018, 12:24   #1
Zebster
Upstanding Member

Default VEA D4 'bank 1 O2 sensor slow'?

I've twice now had the engine warning light come on and found DTC P014c; each time I have been able to delete this DTC and the engine light then goes off, at least for several hundred miles. But I'm now waiting for it to come on a third time!

The car has done 67k miles and, previous to my ownership, has apparently had the EGR cooler modified (no T-piece on upper rad hose). But other than the stamped service book, I have no history for the car. It does run very well though, even when the engine warning light is illuminated.

Other forum threads suggest that the bank 1 oxygen sensor being slow to respond is the likely culprit and that cleaning this sensor could be beneficial... Please can someone confirm this?

If so, please can advice also be given on how I locate this sensor, how I can remove/refit it (is a new gasket needed?) and how it can best be cleaned? I'm an experienced DIY car mechanic with decent garage facilities, but I know next to nothing about Volvo diesel engines!

It also seems that a software fix is available at Volvo dealers for this issue. Please can anyone confirm if this can be addressed during a routine service?

Thanks
Jon