Thread: Seller beware!
View Single Post
Old Aug 17th, 2018, 13:35   #17
DLM48
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V70Craig View Post
Just a quick heads up for anyone that may be considering selling their car soon.

I listed my S60 for sale on here a few weeks ago and also Gumtree as I have recently bought another car.
I have had plenty of timewasters via gumtree in contact but nobody as yet has viewed the car.
Today I received a penalty charge for driving in a bus lane and also a speeding fine from a police force that's a good 3 hours from where I live, indeed a part of the country I have never been to in my life.

I have had to talk to my local police for an incident number as it appears my car has been cloned.
The photo on the bus lane camera shows the car as same colour and reg as mine.

If it helps anyone please blank out your reg when posting pics of your car to save the hassle I now have to deal with.

Regards, Craig.
HE HE happened to me in Glasgow at ONE AM driving in a BUS ONLY STREET the local cooncil sent me a fixed penalty fine I think it was £60.00 from memory

I demanded pictures since I was 4,000 miles away ......well you get the idea it wisnayme!!!

On receipt of the pictures it was obviously not my car rear lights were in a totally different configuration so I took some pics of my car with the lights on at around midnight in as many lighting configurations as possible and hand-delivered the letter as the guy who sent me the letter was like the scarlet pimpernel and was never available to meet me so I took a sneaky pic of me delivering it to their receptionist as they would not give me a receipt about SIX WEEKS later the fine was annulled

Tis too easy to clone a car now since there is no tax disc needed now..so once you tax MOT and insure your car the clone is free to travel the roads without getting a YABA DABBA DO message when they pass a police car with the VED number plate check facility active. I imagine that this is going on a lot now.
V70 Classic 2.4 20V sold on VoS FB page in a few hours
Present - C70 2.4 SE GearTronic - V70R AWD Prins II LPG 2.5 GearTronic
DLM48 is offline   Reply With Quote