View Single Post
Old Jan 19th, 2019, 10:09   #5
Philip Fisher
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David404 View Post
OK so I'm a newbie here, zero knowledge of Volvo product and to be honest here somewhat reluctantly, here's where I am... Oh and sorry long post.

Will be swapping car in next 12 months or so, I like to make considered and informed decisions and big ones (££££) always take a while. New vehicle will be second hand, budget £25k. It's a family decision so SHMBO needs to be on board and has decided for reasons that are unclear she isn't keen on my ideal preference, Mercedes E class, probably an E220D but E350D not out of the question. Current generation S213 in MB speak.

Requirements/ non negotiable must have.

Estate
Auto G/box
Diesel - Euro6
Ability to safely tow 1700kg caravan

Finding the Volvo site rather confusing, trim seems to be

Momentum - poverty spec
Inscription - enhanced spec
R design - sports orientated trim

Engine limited to 190bhp 4 pot unless I go for cross country where a 250bhp 4 pot option exists.

No 6 pot option at all.

As a get go understanding of the range have I missed anything?

Going to be hard work, few real options given I don't want an SUV V90, BMW 5, Audi A6 or the MB getting nowhere figuring out why SHMBO has gone off MB but we agree on core requirements don't know what she expects me to find...
If I read the last paragraph correctly you dont want an SUV or a V90 but you want something in E class size?

I am afraid that there is therefore nothing in the Volvo SPA range that you can buy for 25k used that will fit the bill. The new V60 might suit but you wont get one for 25k.

Perhaps you should look at a Skoda Superb or similar?
Previously:-
1997 V70 T5 exPolice; 2005 V50 2.0D; 2013 XC70 D5
Philip Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote