View Single Post
Old Jul 31st, 2019, 00:19   #13
Cookeh
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazondean View Post
To be honest, I think you are making too many assumptions regarding the ebay car.

The headlight wiper is slightly misaligned.(not necessarily broken)
Given the other sits perfectly and the o/s is so far up it pretty much screams dead motor. We're it only slightly higher then sure, you would be more safe in assuming it was just misaligned on the splines. Changing the offside is a real pain too, requiring pretty much the whole front end to come off.

Quote:
The headlight wiper blade needs replacing £8
No argument here.

Quote:
it might be the wrong colour stereo, but at least its the cd player. The black tape players are ten a penny, which is what this car probably had as its an early 1996 model.
Black tape players are ten a penny, but Black CD players or even black Premium Sound System units like the ones that came as stock on the CD trim cost ridiculous money and are very rare.

Quote:
The bolster wear looks very minimal, as the rest of the seat and all seats look near perfect with no wear at all
Yes, the rest of the seats look fine. However, wear in that position normally requires replacing two panels and the piping - far from a cheap job at an upholstery shop.

Quote:
The rear wiper is as near to a perfect position as you can get
I don't agree there, when mine was in that sort of position it failed to clear a full third of the rear window.

Quote:
The glove box is definitely slightly out of position and stuck, but can be fixed for £20 if you know what your doing.
Yes, it is an easy fix but it still requires fixing, and takes a fair chunk of time if you aren't as familiar with these cars as you and I.

Quote:
There is no way of telling from those photos that the exhaust is shot!
Look at it. Its the wrong tip, sat in the wrong location, looking extremely scabby. I didn't say it was shot, I said it looks smashed - which from the scratches and scabbing I would hazard is not bad assumption.

This is all irrelevant as this is not the car the MK is selling, I was merely pointing out that comparing a far from perfect near base-spec car to a much rarer top spec car that appears (externally) to be in fine condition is a bit folly. Such a car should not be used to gauge the price of MKs example. A more relevant example would be a brace of ex-VOC T5s which recently sold for in excess of £3k - and they were both GLT spec cars with some foibles.

I don't think an asking of £3750 is too high, but I think selling price of £3250 or so might be more realistic. But if you list it for that people will offer you £2.5k so a bit of perseverance is required. Both Selby and Dean make a good point about the shortness of your ownership however, as that can scare people off.