View Single Post
Old Nov 16th, 2017, 09:38   #7
christheancient
Aged Volvo Lover

Location: A place in mendip-land famous for its cheese - and its gorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dislocation View Post
Also for the info: Yesterday i tried touching doors lock "hooks" manually, pulling them up and down. It seems sometimes front passenger door and left rear passenger door activates lights, but pretty much next time i try, they don't. Right rear door is not working at all with lights..
To me, it really does look like a door locks problem - and it it could be on one or more locks. Just make sure that you test one door at a time (obvious - but I didn't at my first attempt and ended up really confused as to where the faults were. And, as you have discovered, sometimes they can be a bit intermittent; so really check thoroughly.

Removal of the door panels is fairly easy. For safety, it is advisable to disconnect the battery first. Prise out any switch panels and disconnect them and put them somewhere safe. In the recess where you put your fingers to pull the door closed is a little panel. Prise that out and there is a torx head screw underneath. Remove that (and put it somewhere safe!). From there on, it is a matter of carefully prising the door panel off (loads of spring clips!) to remove it. You can then get to the lock mechanisms; but do be prepared to have double-jointed fingers and wrists at times (and a good supply of swear words when you lose more skin off your knuckles!).

None of the procedures are particularly tricky; but some are a little bit fiddly. Just take it steady and don't rush and you should be OK.

I would also add that I was full of trepidation when I first had a go; but, and with a hidden supply of patience that I found, it didn't end up as horrendous as I imagined it might be.

Our children don't inherit the world from us. We are borrowing it from them.

Last edited by christheancient; Nov 16th, 2017 at 09:41.
christheancient is offline   Reply With Quote