Thread: General: - E46 Bi-Xenon (budget) retrofit
View Single Post
Old Dec 10th, 2018, 10:28   #44
LizardOfBodom
WowIcanwriteAnythingHere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_d View Post
sounds about what i am after, lights that Put light on the road
i can see me taking a trip in daylight to a garage with the mot alignment gear and making Sure mine are properly aligned if they are that bright, dazzling other road users i dont wish to do.
Andy
If MOT is your concern and you dont want to invest in 2nd set of lamps, you can still benefit from HIDs. Do as I did with my 1st set of retro - H7projectors from RetrofitLab + h7HID kit. You will be able to switch to H7 halogen bulbs within 5 minutes for any MOT/or unrelated reason, and you will also gain atleast 30% of light even on H7 halogens if HIDs are not your fancy or you want to invest in those later. I rememer on my 1st set I went for NCT (irish MOT) with H7 Osram bulbs, but already on new projectors. The experience was great - although intensity of light is far from HID output, the beam pattern and lack of frosted lens+new reflectors made a hell of a difference. So its a win-win, regardless if you go HID or not.

Btw, some people say lots of pics are not working on my thread - dunno if tinypic is broken or whatever, but if someone need a tutorial on replacement in compadcted pdf form, just a reminder of a link HERE.

edit - forgot to mention, even on H7 halogens you can/should still wire the bixenon flap, there is literally no downside to it, just gains, so dont even hesitate doing it.
as for angel eyes - I got them from Ebay, much cheaper than from other cources - there is a link to exactly same ones. When combined with LED parking light (matching colour temperature) it looks really well and because of its brightness still makes you visible so yes, it does save a bit off your projector life, but its more for looks than visibility, bear this in mind. It is NOT as bright as DRLs and is not as visible during the day as your H7 lights so keep this in mind.

If you have any questions ref wiring or need help, fire away, happy to help!.

Last edited by LizardOfBodom; Dec 10th, 2018 at 10:42.
LizardOfBodom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LizardOfBodom For This Useful Post: