Old Dec 10th, 2018, 18:16   #50
andy_d
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardOfBodom View Post
Headlight wiper motors?
....dude... please...
my previous car:

Replaced 2 of those within 5 years of ownership My OCD wouldnt allow me to drive with 1 not working or (hell no!) wiper in the middle of the light, but I have to confess it was one of the selling point of that 2003 S40 for me. Always wanted those on the car and even by today there was never a better solution of cleaning your headlamps. There was something mesmerizing about light beam being interrupted by something "sprinkling and wiping" in front.... (dream-sequence music....)
However I stand by the statement about superiority of old headlamps in that case. I had the FL model with dual H7's, and it was miles better than pre-FL H4+corrigated glass. The light output from Osram NBs on free form reflectors was incredible and it made transition to my V50 on OEM headlamps a very unpleasant experience. I literally couldnt believe how bad the "newer" car's lamps are compared to its predecessor....

i had mine 8-9 years, stripped and repaired both motors once each and had to replace them both, like you driving with a car with a "raised eyebrow" stuck wiper is a heck noooo, i was a bit sad to find the V50 only has high pressure jets,which didnt work on mine when i got it, they do now, (ask the MOT man hehehe somoene managed to wash the screen 4times on the way to the mot so the headlight washers popped out when he tested the screen washers ) ill agree the S40 h7 & h7 lights were a lot lot better than the H4 only candle units, and better than the stock v50 dipped.